This week on home video, we’ve got a number of notable new releases, but they’re sort of hit or miss. The biggest titles we have are Edgar Wright’s latest comedy, a Disney Toon animation, and a Jason Sudeikis/Jennifer Aniston comedy, as well as a tech thriller, a Mark Wahlberg/Denzel Washington actioner, and an indie coming-of-age comedy. Then, of course, we’ve got a number of smaller movies and reissued films, so read on for the full list:
Also available this week:
- Hannah Arendt (86%), a biopic of the German-Jewish political theorist who covered the 1961 trial of ex-Nazi Adolf Eichmann for The New Yorker.
- Chilean import Crystal Fairy (82%), starring Michael Cera and Gaby Hoffman in a road trip comedy about a young American in search of a rare hallucinogenic cactus in Chile.
- Claude Miller’s final film, Thérèse (52%), starring Audrey Tautou in an adaptation of François Mauriac’s 1927 novel about a woman who becomes restless in her life of convenience and luxury.
- Violet & Daisy (22%), starring Saoirse Ronan and Alexis Bledel in an action drama about a pair of teenage assassins in New York City.
- A rerelease of Doctor Who, Story 29: The Tenth Planet, the 1966 film starring William Hartnell as the Doctor, with a new DVD transfer.
- The third season of HBO’s Treme (100%) is available.
- The first season of the Netflix original series Lilyhammer (83%) is also available.
- And lastly, Criterion brings us a Blu-ray of Yasujiro Ozu’s 1953 masterpiece Tokyo Story (100%), which is already available on DVD.