This week on home video, we’ve got a good number of big releases, but titles most worthy of your weekly DVD budget are probably the smaller films on the list. We’ve got George Clooney’s most recent directorial effort, a Paul W.S. Anderson historical disaster movie, and a McG spy thriller starring Kevin Costner. Then, we’ve also got another failed YA novel movie, an unusual psychological thriller, and a surprisingly successful remake of a 1986 David Mamet adaptation, plus a John Wayne collection and some other noteworthy choices. Read on for details:
Also available this week:
- One of the Criterion Collection’s contemporary releases, Abbas Kiarostami’s Japan-set drama Like Someone in Love (81%), about a call girl who forms a bond with an elderly client, is available this week.
- Raze (45%), starring Zoe Bell and Rachel Nichols in an exploitation thriller about a women’s prison where the inmates are made to fight each other for the amusement of wealthy spectators.
- In Secret (41%), starring Osar Isaac and Elizabeth Olsen in a period drama about a repressed woman who finds excitement in an affair with one of her husband’s childhood friends.
- An Amazon exclusive John Wayne Epic Collection that includes 40 of The Duke’s films, and a commemorative belt buckle.
- Season five of the SyFy series Warehouse 13 (100%), which follows two Secret Service agents as they track down mysterious objects and artifacts.
- Season three of Call the Midwife (83%), the period drama centering on a nursing convent in 1950s London.