This week, we return to a regular rotation of home video releases with a few notable selections and, as always, a few less than notable ones. Among the choices are a well received comic-based action film, Tim Burton’s latest stop-motion project, a Qatsi-esque visual collage, and a ripped-from-the-headlines thriller. In addition, there’s also a Jennifer Lawrence-powered horror dud, a hit-and-miss road trip comedy, and an implausible Nic Cage heist flick. See below for the full list!
Also available this week:
- The original 1962 Cape Fear (95%), starring Gregory Peck, Robert Mitchum, and Martin Balsam, on Blu-ray.
- Multiple Oscar-winner Mrs. Miniver (91%), directed by William Wyler and starring Greer Garson, Walter Pidgeon, and Teresa Wright, on Blu-ray.
- Clssic 1932 ensemble drama Grand Hotel (89%), starring Greta Garbo, Joan Crawford, John Barrymore, and others, on Blu-ray.
- Another multiple Oscar-winner, Driving Miss Daisy (Certified Fresh at 79%), on Blu-ray.
- The HBO film Game Change (63%), starring Ed Harris, Woody Harrelson, and Julianne Moore in the story of Sarah Palin’s candidacy for Vice President in 2008.
- Inspirational sports drama Touchback (42%), starring Kurt Russell, Brian Presley, and Melanie Lynskey.