This week on home video, we’ve got an ambitious project from Ben Stiller, a small Oscar-nominated drama from the UK, a surprise hit action comedy, and an underperforming animation, as well as the usual list of smaller films. Read on for the full list:
Also available this week:
- Mike Newell’s adaptation of Charles Dickens’ Great Expectations (66%), starring Jeremy Irvine, Helena Bonham Carter, and Ralph Fiennes.
- Black Nativity (48%), starring Forest Whitaker and Angela Basset in a drama inspired by Langston Hughes’ stage play.
- Quentin Dupieux’s ensemble comedy Wrong Cops (44%), featuring Marilyn Manson, Eric Wareheim, and more in a story about crooked cops trying to hide a body.
- Ronald F. Maxwell’s Copperhead (22%), a Civil War movie about a Northern pacifist who is increasingly harassed for his views.
- Better Living Through Chemistry (21%), starring Sam Rockwell and Olivia Wilde in a dark comedy about a straight-laced pharmacist who sheds his inhibitions after meeting a woman in his neighborhood.
- And Criterion releases another updated Blu-ray/DVD combo pack: Lars von Trier’s breakout 1996 film Breaking the Waves (86%), starring Emily Watson and Stellan Skarsgård.
- Season 2 of period crime drama Ripper Street (100%).