This week on home video, we’ve got a couple of Oscar nominees (only one of which, unfortunately, took home a trophy) and a sweet but predictable comedy starring Vince Vaughn. Then we’ve got the latest seasons of Californication and Veep, as well as a handful of smaller films, including a couple of actioners starring old school stars. Read on for the full list:
Also available this week:
- The Punk Singer (83%), a documentary about Kathleen Hanna, the lead singer of Bikini Kill and Le Tigre who became a feminist icon.
- Odd Thomas (34%), starring Anton Yelchin in a Dean Koontz novel adaptation about a fry cook who can see dead people and leaps into action to thwart an apocalyptic evil who’s arrived in his small town.
- The Truth About Emanuel (28%), starring Jessica Biel and Alfred Molina in a thriller about a woman who becomes obsessed with her new neighbor, who looks just like her dead mother.
- Welcome to the Jungle (25%), starring Jean-Claude Van Damme in an action comedy about a corporate retreat in the wilderness gone awry.
- Walking with Dinosaurs (25%), a CGI film based on the BBC Earth series of the same name, featuring dinosaurs of the Late Cretaceous period.
- Season two of HBO’s Veep (83%), starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus in a comedy about the trials of a put-upon female vice president and her eccentric staff.
- Season six of Showtime’s Californication, starring David Duchovny as a lecherous, alcoholic novelist trying to navigate his various relationships.
- And in addition to The Great Beauty, the Criterion Collection is also releasing new DVD/Blu-ray combo packs of Ingmar Bergman’s Persona (92%) and the 1925 Harold Lloyd film The Freshman (88%).