This week on home video, we’ve got a wacky comedy about Las Vegas magicians, an abduction thriller, and a star-crossed sci-fi romance. Then, we also have a Cold War submarine movie, a smart historical drama, and a number of Blu-ray “steelbook” rereleases. See below for the full list.
Also available this week:
- In the Family (96%), a drama about a gay man who must make peace with his “in-laws” when his partner dies in an accident and the extended family is given custody of his son.
- The Certified Fresh A Place at the Table (89%), a documentary examining hunger issues in the US.
- Supporting Characters (86%), an indie comedy about two film editors who find their relationships tested when they’re hired to recut a botched film.
- Edgar Wright’s recent trio of feature film successes is among this week’s Blu-ray “Steelbook” reissues: Shaun of the Dead (91%), Hot Fuzz (91%), and Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (81%).
- The Criterion Collection releases another important film: French filmmaker Claude Lanzmann’s unflinching Holocaust documentary Shoah (100%), which also includes three additional films by Lanzmann, a few interviews, and other extras.
- Some of the other notable Blu-ray Steelbook releases out this week include: the Firefly movie Serenity (82%), Brian DePalma’s Scarface (89%), and the Beatles’ Help! (91%).