This week on home video, we’ve got a couple of Oscar contenders in the mix, beginning with a biopic that’s got everyone buzzing about the Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor category. Then, there’s also a touching look at an artistic NYC couple that’s up for the Best Documentary award, Richard Curtis’s latest romance, a well-received indie drama, and a Thanksgiving-themed animated dud. Read on for the full list:
Also available this week:
- Mother of George (92%), a drama about a Nigerian immigrant couple living in NYC who are having trouble trying to conceive.
- The Banshee Chapter (76%), a thriller — purportedly based on real testimony and documents — about a woman who chases a government cover-up of chemical research when one of her friends goes missing.
- Blood Brother (74%), a documentary about a young American man who stumbled upon a group of HIV-infected children while traveling and promptly decided to stay with them.
- A Case of You (40%) starring Justin Long and Evan Rachel Wood in a rom-com about a struggling writer who must keep up a facade after wooing a girl with a falsified Facebook profile.
- Romeo and Juliet (21%) starring Hailee Steinfeld and Douglas Booth in a modernized adaptation of the Shakespeare classic.
- Baggage Claim (14%), starring Paula Patton and Taye Diggs in a comedy about a flight attendant who orchestrates “coincidental” meetings with exes in order to determine if one of them was Mr. Right.
- The ten-part BBC miniseries The White Queen (75%), an historical drama centered on three women scheming to become the Queen of England.