No, nothing as juicy as, say, an actual movie title, but if, like me, you’ve been salivating over the prospect of a fourth "Indiana Jones" adventure for what feels like twenty years, you might be interested in what producer George Lucas had to say recently.
Let’s just break ’em down into bullet points this time around:
1. The first teaser trailer (and an actual title!) will hit the scene some time around … Thanksgiving. Great.
2. Sean Connery has not yet signed on to reprise his role as Indy’s dad, but Mr. Lucas assures us he’s "trying."
3. It was director Steven Spielberg who wanted to hire Cate Blanchett for a role in Part 4, a decision that Lucas didn’t agree with right away, but he ceded this one to the director. (Too bad Lucas didn’t do that when Frank Darabont delivered his screenplay!)
4. "(Indiana Jones is) not running in any of the movies," Lucas says. "He’s either on a horse or driving a car or a motorcycle. And he’ll play his age in this movie with what’s appropriate. The chases are more suspenseful than speedy. Like the rolling ball in the first film — it’s not that he’s running that fast, it’s that there’s a giant ball coming at him. And he will get beat up, which is a tradition for us."
5. Bonus bullet point for the "Star Wars" fans!! Lucas describes the upcoming live-action SW TV series as "bare-bones" and "action-heavy." Neat!
Source: USA Today