This week on home video, we’ve got a well-received sci-fi actioner starring Tom Cruise, a feelgood sports drama starring Jon Hamm, and a western spoof starring Seth MacFarlane. Then, we’ve got loads of TV and number of noteworthy indie films, as well as a Disney classic fresh from the vault. Read on for details:
Also available this week:
- Disney is releasing a new Diamond Edition DVD and Blu-ray of Sleeping Beauty (92 percent), for those who may have missed it the last time it made its way out of the vault.
- To Be Takei (90 percent), a Certified Fresh documentary profiling the charismatic Star Trek actor, political activist, and social media icon.
- Obvious Child (88 percent), starring Jenny Slate in a Certified Fresh comedy about a young stand-up comic dealing with the loss of her job, a breakup, and a new pregnancy all at once.
- Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon (76 percent), a Certified Fresh documentary chronicling the career of the influential talent manager.
- Sharknado 2: The Second One (56 percent), starring Ian Ziering and Tara Reid in the follow-up to the wildly popular Syfy shlock movie about a tornado full of sharks.
- Season two of The History Channel’s first foray into fiction storytelling, the historical adventure series Vikings (92 percent) is available on DVD and Blu-ray.
- Season two of A&E’s Psycho spinoff/prequel Bates Motel (86 percent) is also available on DVD and Blu-ray.
- Season three of Ryan Murphy’s horror anthology series American Horror Story (81 percent), subtitled “Coven” and focusing on witches, is also available on DVD and Blu-ray.
- Season six of The Following (47 percent) is available on DVD and Blu-ray.
- Psych: The Complete Series is available in a 31-disc DVD collection and comes with a ton of bonus features on every disc.