In this week’s Ketchup, we just can’t get enough of those tidbits from the upcoming third installments of "Spider-Man" and "Pirates of the Caribbean" and the live-action "Transformers."
Also, Heath Ledger can’t avoid "Dark Knight" questions while trying to promote his little indie film, and some guy’s intial reaction to "Apocalypto" somehow made headlines. Read on for more.
This Week’s Most Popular News:
New Peeks at Spidey 3 and Pirates 3!
It really stinks to have to sit and wait for movies like these ones, but as long as we keep getting a constant string of posters, trailers, set pics and photo galleries, we’re happy. Actually we’re not, but we’ll take what we can get, right?
A Young Captain Jack in "Pirates 3"?
The latest rumor swirling around about the next (and final?) "Pirates of the Caribbean" flick is that we just might get a peek at what Captain Jack Sparrow looked like … as a kid!
(More) New Transformers Pics!
I get the feeling that this is going to be a weekly occurrence until Michael Bay’s "Transformers" is finally released, but here you go: More new pics of the robo-vehicles!
A Few Random "Dark Knight" Nuggets
Poor Heath Ledger is out there on the circuit trying to promote his indie flick "Candy" — and all he’s getting are "The Dark Knight" questions! Ah well, I suppose it’s better than being unemployed, eh Heath?
Yes, "wow" says … a guy who reads AICN. Some dude with a pseudonym caught an early screening of Mel Gibson’s "Apocalypto," and get this: He LIKED IT! Stunning!
Rumors and trailers and pics, oh my!
In Other News:
- Joe Carnahan is considering directing a remake of "Bunny Lake is Missing," a thriller that could be the next starring vehicle for Reese Witherspoon.
- Dennis Quaid has joined the cast of "The Express", Universal Pictures’ drama about the late football star Ernie Davis, the first black player to win the Heisman Trophy.
- Filippo Bozotti ("Marie Antoinette," "The Sopranos") will play a penniless European playboy in "The Great Pretender," and will also co-produce the film.
- Hayden Christensen will portray "poker brat" Phil Hellmuth in the biopic "The Madison Kid."
- Writer/director Jon Avnet is close to completing the script of "I Kill," a serial-killer thriller based on the Italian bestseller of the same name.
- Nina Jacobson has signed a producing deal with DreamWorks Studios, giving the studio a first look at her projects over a three-year term.
- Timothy Olyphant has reportedly landed the title role in the video game adaptation "Hitman," Vin Diesel having previously been attached to star in the role.
- George Clooney and partner Grant Heslov are close to acquiring screen rights to John Grisham‘s non-fiction novel "The Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small Town," about the true case of a wrongly-convicted Oklahoma man.
Perfecting the role of "brat."