AND THE TOMATO GOES TO…
Welcome to RT’s 19th Annual Golden Tomato Awards, which honor the best-reviewed movies and TV shows of 2017. From the biggest Hollywood hits to the most provocative indies, we’ve got the films and TV shows that won the critics’ hearts — and probably inspired you as well.
Best-Reviewed Movies by Genre
Best-Reviewed TV Shows by Genre
How it works
- The rankings represent the most up-to-date Tomatometer scores as of December 31, 2017.
- All the lists on the Golden Tomato Awards are ordered by Adjusted Score, which is a weighted formula that compensates for the variation in the number of reviews when comparing movies or TV shows.
- Limited releases are defined as opening in 600 or less theaters at initial release. Platform releases, or movies initially released in fewer than 600 theaters that later expand, are categorized as Wide Release.
- Foreign releases are defined as non-English language films.
- In order to qualify for a Golden Tomato Award, a movie must have been released in American theaters in 2017, and it must have at least 40 reviews. For TV, all eligible seasons/movies must have premiered in the 2017 calendar year, and have a minimum of 20 reviews, including at least 5 reviews by top critics.