This week on home video, we’ve got the latest installment of Peter Jackson’s second epic trilogy, a darkly comedic melodrama that earned a couple of Oscar nods, a boxing comedy, and a horror sequel, plus a bunch of smaller films definitely worth a look. Read on for details:
Also available this week:
- First, a Blu-ray/DVD reissue from the Criterion Collection: François Truffaut’s classic 1959 film The 400 Blows (100%), featuring audition footage, newsreel footage, interview excerpts, and more.
- I Am Divine (94%), a documentary about the famous drag queen and John Waters collaborator.
- Certified Fresh Chinese import A Touch of Sin (92%), Jia Zhangke’s drama touching on four stories of people pushed to their limits.
- Certified Fresh thriller A Field in England (88%), about a group of deserters in 1648 England who descend into violence as they follow an alchemist on a hunt for buried treasure.
- Nurse 3-D (63%), starring Paz de la Huerta in a thriller about a nurse who seduces cheating men and brutally murders them.
- Justin Bieber’s Believe (57%), a documentary focusing on the pop star’s later adolescent years in the spotlight.