There are only three big releases to talk about this week, but a lot of smaller releases that might be worth a watch. We’ve also got a couple of notable releases in TV and a pair of rereleases of interest. Read on for the full list:
Also available this week:
- Johnny To’s Drug War (95%), a crime thriller about a meth manufacturer who is caught and forced to turn informant in order to help an undercover police operation take down a cartel.
- Deceptive Practice: The Mysteries and Mentors of Ricky Jay (89%), a documentary chronicling the life of the famous actor-magician and his influences.
- Springsteen & I (88%), the crowdsourced documentary on Bruce Springsteen.
- Portugese import Tabu (86%), a drama about a woman on her deathbed recalling a former affair with her husband’s best friend.
- Out in the Dark (73%), a drama about a gay Palestinian man’s love affair with an Israeli lawyer, and all the cultural implications therein.
- Season 1 of Family Tree (75%), a comedy starring Chris O’Dowd as a newly single man tracing his lineage.
- The complete series collection of Damages, starring Glenn Close and Rose Byrne in a legal thriller centered around a New York law firm.
- Pixar’s Cars gets an Ultimate Collector’s Edition 3D Blu-ray release.
- And lastly, a selection from The Criterion Collection: Michelangelo Antonioni’s La Notte (73%) is newly available on DVD and Blu-ray.