This week on home video, we’ve got a classic horror remake, an inspirational sports tale, the latest pulp hero to hit the big screen, and a Sylvester Stallone actioner. In addition, we’ve got a select number of noteworthy indie films and a few high quality reissues, including one from Criterion. See below for the full list:
Also available this week:
- Wild Bill (100%), a crime drama about an ex-con learning to reconnect with his sons.
- Hunky Dory (56%), a British musical comedy starring Minnie Driver as a high school drama teacher hoping to inject some passion into her students through an end-of-the-year play.
- The End of Love (56%), a drama about a deadbeat actor who changes his ways after the mother of his son dies suddenly.
- Erased (28%), starring Aaron Eckhart and Olga Kurylenko in a conspiracy thriller about a betrayed CIA agent on the run from the government.
- Criterion’s release this week is for Peter Brook’s haunting 1963 version of Lord of the Flies (100%), with a number of decent extras.
- For those who simply can’t live without all the latest developments in technology, Sony Pictures is releasing a handful of Blu-rays that have been “Mastered in 4K,” including Moneyball (94%), Men in Black (91%), Spider-Man 2 (93%), and Pineapple Express (68%).